Sometimes businesses can miss the mark when using emojis, especially if you’re offering a more serious service. But if you work in fashion, sports or entertainment, emojis could increase engagement on your posts.
Here are some quick tips on how to use emojis:
- Don’t go overboard – use one or two in your message.
- Make sure you know what they mean – use emojipedia to double check your emoji doesn’t have a double meaning.
- Identify key emojis for your brand and tone of voice – customers will start to associate your business with the emojis when they see them.
- Be more wary of using emojis in serious posts or those giving advice.
- If you are struggling to find an emoji to suit a post, then perhaps you don’t need to use one.
Using emojis where appropriate can help to increase your engagement levels on social, they are a fun addition to posts, and a great way to convey an emotion or give a little visual context.
For more great tips see Get more out of every tweet.