Paralympic Gold Medallist, Marc Woods, has been confirmed as the host for the Worcestershire Apprenticeships Awards 2019.
Marc Woods is a former British Paralympic swimmer who had his leg amputated as a teenager after developing cancer, but went on to compete at five Paralympic games winning 12 medals, 4 of which were gold.
The Worcestershire Apprenticeships Awards, now in its sixth year, have continued to attract large audiences with 340 guests attending last year’s event to celebrate all the hard work that goes into making apprenticeships a success.
Entries and nominations for this year’s awards are open and can be accessed on the Worcestershire Apprenticeships website until the deadline of Friday 12 July.
Tables for the awards are also on sale, individual seats will cost £85 and tables of 10 can be booked for £800. The Awards will take place on Thursday 14 November 2019 at West Midland Safari Park.
The 2019 Worcestershire Apprenticeships Awards will celebrate 12 awards recognising the county’s most successful apprentices, schools, training providers, apprentice employers and a new category for careers leads.
Marc Woods, former Paralympian and host of the Worcestershire Apprenticeships Awards 2019 said: “I am delighted to be hosting the Worcestershire Apprenticeships Awards 2019. It is a real privilege to recognise and celebrate the achievements that Worcestershire’s apprentices, employers, training providers, schools and careers leads have made, and I look forward to what I’m sure will be a lively and entertaining evening.”
Gary Woodman, Chief Executive of Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership, said: “It is great to have Marc Woods confirmed as host for this year’s Worcestershire Apprenticeships Awards. As we get closer to the deadline for nominations and entries I would encourage all interested parties to submit their applications to be in with a chance to win one of these prestigious awards.”
Cllr Marcus Hart, Cabinet member with responsibility for Education and Skills at Worcestershire County Council said: “The Worcestershire Apprenticeships Awards have gone from strength to strength in recent years as apprenticeships continue to be recognised as a pathway to reach the top of any industry. I look forward to Marc Woods hosting the awards and celebrating the successes of local apprentices on the night.”
- School of the Year – sponsored by Worcestershire Training Providers Association
- Intermediate Level Apprentice of the Year – sponsored by The Community Housing Group
- Advanced Level Apprentice of the Year
- Higher Level Apprentice of the Year – sponsored by University of Worcester
- Worcestershire Apprentice of the Year – sponsored by Yamazaki Mazak UK (Ltd)
- Small Apprenticeship Employer of the Year (< 50 employees) – sponsored by Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce
- Medium Apprenticeship Employer of the Year (> 50 employees)
- Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year (> 250 employees) – sponsored by Amada UK Ltd
- Apprenticeship Champion of the Year – sponsored by Fusion Consortium
- Training Provider of the Year – sponsored by Sanctuary Group
- Careers Lead of the Year – supported by The Careers and Enterprise Company
- Worcestershire Apprenticeship Employer of the Year
Sponsorship opportunities are currently available and interested parties are being encouraged to enquire about sponsorship at the earliest opportunity.
For more information regarding booking a table for the awards, and to register interest about sponsorship opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about apprenticeships locally, and to enter the awards visit the Worcestershire Apprenticeships website, www.worcsapprenticeships.org.uk
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hastag #WorcsApprentice
C2S Keeps You Better Connected, Better Informed
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017