Leader Boardroom – In these Uncertain Times What Conversation About Cyber Should Your Board be Having? (In-Person)
When & where
- Date: Friday 20/05/2022
- Time: 9:30am - 11:00am
- At: Gloucestershire College - Princess Elizabeth Way, GL51 7SJ
About the event
In an ever changing world technology plays a crucial part in all of our business growth plans and cyber has become a permanent item on the board agenda.
Join us at this Leader Boardroom with Steve Mason, CEO Nova Blue and former Cyber Technical Director GCHQ to discuss the current hot topics around technology and cyber and what we should be doing. This is your access to an experienced CISO/CTO with an opportunity to hear what is happening in the world of cyber and discuss your experiences and talk about how technology can help transform your business.
Steve Mason is the former Cyber Technical Director of GCHQ and Vice President of Technology and Strategy at L3 Technologies (now L3 Harris), and is currently the founder and CEO of Nova Blue Technologies; a cyber security and technology organisation headquartered in Cheltenham, but with an office in Calgary, Canada as well. He has a wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise in what is happening in the market and travels the world working with leadership teams helping them to better understand the risk profile of their business and how best to mitigate that risk. Steve will share with us some insights from his previous roles; current trends and best practice and we will also look at the wider technology advances that digital transformation can bring.
There will be opportunities to share what you are doing and your experiences and Steve will be on hand to advise and discuss, where he assures us there is no such thing as a stupid question and Chatham House Rules apply!
- Cyber perils are the biggest concern for companies globally in 2022, according to the Allianz Risk Barometer.
- The threat of ransomware attacks, data breaches or major IT outages worries companies even more than business and supply chain disruption, natural disasters or the COVID-19 pandemic, all of which have heavily affected firms in the past year.
- Cyber incidents tops the Allianz Risk Barometer for only the second time in the survey’s history (44% of responses), Business interruption drops to a close second (42%) and Natural catastrophes ranks third (25%), up from sixth in 2021. Climate change climbs to its highest-ever ranking of sixth (17%, up from ninth), while Pandemic outbreak drops to fourth (22%).y affected firms in the past year.
- Cybercriminals can penetrate 93 percent of company networks
- Businesses suffered 50% more cyberattack attempts per week in 2021
Our Leader Boardroom sessions are an exclusive and confidential environment allowing our leader community to come together and connect as peers to learn, share, and shape the future of their organisations.
Our Leader Forums enable you to hear from expert speakers; connect in a meaningful way with your peers; take part in round table discussions; organise 1:2:1 follow-ups and take part in informal networking. These are conversations that can help shape your business future.
Princess Elizabeth Way, GL51 7SJ