Growth Series – Leadership Workshop with the University of Gloucestershire
When & where
- Date: Tuesday 06/06/2023
- Time: 9:00am - 11:00am
- At: Oxstalls Lane, Longlevens, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL2 9HW -
About the event
Leading Through Periods of Crisis: Navigating Uncertainty, Inspiring Resilience, and Driving Positive Change
In times of crisis and uncertainty, effective leadership becomes paramount. Leaders must not only steer their teams through an unpredictable terrain, they are also required to inspire perseverance and positivity amidst the adversity. This session delves into the essential qualities and strategies required to lead successfully through periods of crisis, drawing upon real-world examples and research-backed insights.
The session will start to answer some of the following critical questions:
- How do we overcome the unique challenges inherent in crisis situations, such as disruptions in operations, financial instability, and psychological distress? We will examine the importance of leaders maintaining a composed and adaptable mindset, and how they can cultivate resilience within themselves and their teams.
- What are the critical qualities and skills that leaders should possess when confronted with crises? The session will look at the significance of clear and transparent communication, empathy, and active listening as fundamental elements in building trust and fostering a sense of security.
- What kind of strategies do you need to manage teams during times of crisis? We will explore how leaders can effectively motivate and inspire their team members, enabling them to overcome challenges and embrace change, highlighting the significance of fostering a culture of collaboration, promoting innovation, and encouraging learning from failures.
- What is the role of ethical leadership in crisis situations? Here will discuss the importance of maintaining high ethical standards, acting with integrity, and demonstrating empathy towards those affected.
- What do leaders need to do to drive positive change during and after a crisis? We will explore strategies for identifying opportunities amidst challenges, encouraging innovation, and capitalising on lessons learned.
By promoting a growth mindset and fostering a culture of continuous improvement, leaders can create lasting positive impact and enhance organisational resilience. This session will provide insights, ideas and tools to help equip leaders to navigate and lead through periods of crisis.
Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed at owners, directors, HR, and learning & development professionals who are looking to develop their people and maximise staff talent within their organisation. Higher and degree apprenticeships are a cost-effective way to up-skill your people, and an attractive retention tool, improving performance and adding value to employees and their benefits package, often as valuable as a salary increase. We will be exploring these possibilities and the advantages they bring to an organisation.
Dr Dom Page, Head of the Business School will lead these sessions
Appointed as Head of the Business School in September 2020, Dr Dom Page is committed to developing outstanding opportunities for all staff and students to make a real contribution to the regional, national, and international economy and society. Previously, he was Head of the South Wales Business School at the University of South Wales and Associate Head of Department for Business and Management at the University of the West of England.
Add to calendar+ Add to Google Calendar
Oxstalls Lane, Longlevens, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL2 9HW