Thanks to Pwc Bristol for hosting our Bristol Leaders Boardroom last week. We heard from Iwan James from Pwc who shared some insights on the recent PwC Workforce of the Future research. The study broke the future into 4 fascinating worlds – The Red World, Innovation Rules; The Yellow World, Humans Come First; The Green World, Companies Care and The Blue World, Corporate is King. We looked at what each future would look like and the impact on the workforce and technology. Iwan had 6 key messages for leaders:
- Act Now – change is accelerating
- No Regrets and Bets – plan for a dynamic future you will need to be agile
- Make a Bigger Leap – you might need to be more radical
- Own the Automation Debate – otherwise you will get left behind
- People Not Jobs – you can’t protect jobs people and skills are key
- Build a Clear Narrative – talk about the future and involve your staff.